Applications are currently not being accepted due to COVID19. We will update this page when the situation changes.
The federal definition of assistive technology is:
“Any piece of equipment, or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.”
Some Examples of Allowable Requests for Assistive Technology
○ Wheelchairs (manual and electric)
○ Augmentative Communication Devices
○ Environmental Controls
○ Computer Equipment
○ Lifts in the nominee’s own/parent’s van or home
○ Hearing Aids
This list is not meant to be inclusive or exclusive of requests eligible for funding under the Elsie S. Bellows Fund.
Some Examples of Ineligible Assistive Technology
○ Evaluations or other Assistive Technology “services”
○ Furniture and appliances (that is not adapted)
○ Alterations and Renovations to buildings
This list is not meant to be inclusive or exclusive of requests ineligible for funding under the Elsie S. Bellows Fund.
Equipment funded through a Bellows Grant is the property of the individual , not UCP.
Application If you are interested in applying for funding, please complete and submit our Bellows Fund Application.