Special Events and Development Associate
UCP is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a part-time Special Events and Development Associate. This is a fast-paced position with flexible work hours that requires a dedicated and invested professional to play an integral role in the planning and implementation of our special events. This position will also assist with other fundraising initiatives in support of UCP’s mission of Understanding Disabilities, Creating Opportunities and Promoting Community.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in special events planning and volunteer coordination. The ability to foster relationships with a wide variety of partners, volunteers and stakeholders, excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as an attention to detail are required.
We offer a supportive and flexible environment with competitive salary/ benefits package. Associate typically works during business hours. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required during events.
- BA/BS in a human service field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience and a proven track record of success in special events planning and volunteer coordination.
- Proficiency with MS Office products and database management (eTapestry preferred).
- Experience with raising funds through a variety of channels.
- A reliable vehicle, driver’s license and insurance coverage are required.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.