Inclusive child care allows parents and other primary care providers to work with confidence of knowing that their child is safe.
Additional benefits families have reported include:
- Acceptance and discovery of their own children’s abilities, strengths and needs.
- Security of knowing there are other people who can safely care for their child in a nurturing environment.
- The knowledge that all children have both positive and challenging moments.
Other benefits children with or without disabilities receive through inclusive child care:
- Attending the same program as other children from their neighborhood or school.
- Learning through peer modeling the skills and lessons that only children can teach one another.
- Increased feeling of belonging.
- Understanding and acceptance of individual differences which children will carry with them throughout their lives.