Planned Giving

We welcome all types of gifts and bequests to support UCP services. Some examples of gifts include those of real estate, life insurance, securities or bequests designated in your will.  Please speak with your attorney or financial advisor to determine which gifts may best fit your wishes and needs.


Specific Bequest – You may designate a specific dollar amount, percentage of estate or property to UCP in your will.

Residual Bequest – You may request that after the estate has paid all expenses, debts and taxes and honored all specific bequests, a remaining amount may be transferred to UCP.

Contingent Bequest – Under certain circumstances, you may designate all or a portion of your estate to UCP.

Charitable Gift Annuity – You may request that UCP, in exchange for an irrevocable gift, pays a fixed amount during your life of that of a designated other. The amount that is received is determined by factors such as age of donor and beneficiaries as well as the gift amount.

Pooled income Fund – You may provide a gift to UCP in money or securities which are invested together with similar gifts from other donors. You continue to receive a proportional share from that income.

Charitable Remainder Trust – You contribute cash, securities or other property to UCP. In return, UCP returns a percentage of income based on the gift value.

Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust – You may make an irrevocable transfer in exchange for a fixed amount of money to be given to you annually for life.

Revocable Trust – This is an option if you wish to be flexible, to give a gift with a variety of assets or to have the option to take back the gift. This gift would give UCP money after it has provided income to you or your designated loved one.

Insurance Gifts – If an existing insurance policy is no longer needed, you may assign UCP as the beneficiary.

If you have any questions, please contact your lawyer or financial planner for support.  There are numerous resources to guide in planning. One such source is the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.